We are happy to announce that The Q Experience is a nominated finalist in the international Product of the Year design competition DAME Awards. The competition is organized by the world’s largest marine equipment trade show, METSTRADE, that takes place in Amsterdam on 15. – 17. November. The Q system will compete in the series Marine electronics and marine related software
Q Experience was publicly launched last summer and it adds usability, new technology, entertainment and safety features to a marine chart plotter.
“Q challenges traditional plotters with its safety and entertainment features and, of course, the new possibilities opened up by the Internet of Things.” says Niklas Öhman, head of The Q Experience.
Mr. Öhman can indeed have high expectations, as The Q Experience brings out many valuable features that have never before been seen in a marine chart plotter:
- Boat heater (by Wallas-Marin) control through the system’s interface
- Online multiple chart unlocking allows opening new chart areas on C-Map online store without removing the map card
- Map and software updates are delivered effortlessly Over-the-Air
- System has its own 3.5G connection that can be turned into a hotspot
- Bluetooth pairing allows you to share music from your smart phone
- System gives a notification of incoming calls when connected to Bluetooth
- Online weather service with real-time weather warnings
- Instructional videos and tutorials on boat handling and safety
- Integrated handbooks and manuals for engine and boat
- Measure distances on map application by using two finger pinch
- Map has a quick touch zoom-in and -out functionality with automatic return
- Two CAN bus connectors
The system is developed, tested and manufactured by Nextfour Solutions, a Finland-based hi-tech product development company. It markets the system to boat manufacturers who want to provide their customers with a modern user experience.
Europe’s biggest aluminum powerboats manufacturer Buster Boats, a Yamaha Motor Europe company, has already made Q Experience standard factory installation in their 2017 models.