General tips, support materials, troubleshooting help and release notes for the second generation Q Displays (released 2020). See the sidebar on how to contact Q Experience support, follow us on social media or to subscribe to our newsletter on new releases and articles.
- Is the fuel flow unit set as L/nm? If so, is the boat speed zero? This unit setting requires speed greater than zero.
- Are you sure the card is installed? Only the rough base map is displayed without navigation charts.
- Is your current area covered by the attached chart card? Check the available charts from Info > Peripherals.
- Is the card factory installed?
- Check that the NMEA2000 cables are connected correctly and that the network is terminated at both ends.
- Check that the Yamaha gateway is installed (only for Yamaha engines).
- Is other NMEA2000 information shown correctly? Check the available NMEA devices from Settings – System – NMEA information.
- Is Q connected to the internet either via mobile or wifi? Check for mobile and/or wifi signal strength icon in the sidebar.
- Does Q have position information (i.e. boat icon visible in the navigator)? The position icon in the sidebar should be white.
- Does Q have time? Check for clock visibility in the sidebar.
Whining noise heard from the speakers usually come from ground loop between the Q and the amplifier. Install audio ground loop isolator (audio transformer) in the audio cable from the Q to the amplifier.
If fuel level shown on the Q is low when the tank is full and vice versa, the fuel sensor type setting is wrong. See Settings – Boat – Fuel sensor. Normally the setting in Buster boats should be A type (US type sensor). The Phantom is an exception. If Yamaha Helm master is installed the fuel information is coming through NMEA2000 and the Qs should be configured to have 2 fuel sensors. One with NMEA2000 instance id 0 and one with id 1.
Check the Raymarine CP100 power led. Solid green: Power on (takes < 1 minute); green 1 blink: normal operation; amber 1 blink: transducer disconnected; amber 2 blinks: no ethernet network detected; amber 5 blinks: under voltage 34.2V.
Here you can find all the release notes of Q2 (2020->). We try to keep you as informed as possible on all our technical changes and improvements.